Way before we knew our baby was a girl, I started dreaming of how we could decorate a nursery. I am an introvert and I love making our home cozy since we are here a lot! (I am perfectly content to spend an entire weekend at home with Cade! That’s just who I am! =)
When we found out we were having a girl, I began my search for the perfect bedding. I never found something that I absolutely loved so I decided to look at fabrics instead and make my own bedding. This process took weeks. I literally looked through thousands (no joke!) of fabric swatches online. I finally narrowed it down to 3 different sets and then we picked this one from spoonflower. Based on those colors and the general patterns we began designing the rest of the nursery. I am delighted to show you our end result (which literally was completed this week)!
First the individual details…
Thanks, Michelle for this adorable pillow!! You nailed the colors of our nursery!!
And how they fit together…
Since I spent hours researching each of the pieces in our nursery (and a lot of times I got ideas from others) I thought I’d share our list:
- Crib – Babyletto (a gift from Cade’s parents)
- Rocking chair – from Pottery Barn but I got it on craigslist. The previous owners had always kept a cover over it so the cream fabric was practically new! We took the rocking feet off and stained them an espresso color to match the crib.
- Side table: from the flea market. I painted it.
- Dresser/changing table – also a craiglist purchase. This thing took weeks to sand, stain and refinish but we are super happy with the result.
- Expedit Bookcase – from Ikea
- Shag rug – Walmart. This thing is awesome and definitely the best “new” value for the cost.
If I ever need a new career I think I’ll become a nursery designer. I had SO much fun!! =)